Alluguard 77Product Description
The Alluguard 77 roller shutter is an automated garage door designed for our modern way of life. The door itself is made from a double skin aluminium with an insulation infill, it has a tube motor which lifts the door vertically and comes with a wall mounted control box (with courtesy light and push buttons) as well as 2 handsets for operation.
Like all roller shutter’s the Alluguard 77 has a couple of key features which help it stand out from other types of garage door.
Roller Shutter vs traditional up & over garage doors.
Roller Garage Doors open vertically, which is a huge advantage for homes with a small driveway, meaning that you get closer to the garage door when parking. It is also a great feature for homes that have access directly onto busy street as you won’t be at risk of hitting passing pedestrians.
Unlike traditional up & over garage doors, or the more modern sectional garage doors, roller shutters take up less space Because the door is designed to roll up into a space of only 300mm or 1ft. The roller shutter door typically sits behind the brickwork which allows a traditional framework to be removed and therefore can increase the drive through width on offer in your garage. In cases where headroom is at a real premium it is possible to fit the roll externally.
Is Security a top priority
Alluguard have gone one step further and an alarm to the garage door, which employs magnetic contacts on the bottom of the garage door to monitor the door’s position when locked. If an attempt is made to lever the bottom of the garage door upwards the alarm is triggered to deter intruders.
All of these security features are great but in a modern world people don’t always respond to alarms so when considering which Roller Shutter Garage Door to purchase you also need to consider the locking mechanism itself. The Alluguard 77 has a locking ring that holds the door curtain in the closed position and pulls the door curtain upwards. This is a huge improvement over the conventional method other roller shutter garage door manufacturers use.
The Alluguard 77 also boasts Alluguard’s Secured by Design Accreditation.
Insulated garage doors – An eye on the future
In the 21st century many of use no longer use our garage to store our cars, instead the garage has been converted into a usable space within the home and as such insulation and thermal efficiency are key considerations to many when selecting a suitable garage door.
The AlluGuard 77 roller shutter is designed to give thermal and acoustic insulating properties to your home which much higher than the average garage door. ‘CFC’ Free Polyurethane Foam within the Aluminium Lath combined with high performance weather sealing ensures good insulation to your garage.
Main AlluGuard 77 Features:
- Power fail override – If the power fails, a simple hand crank is used to operate the door.
- External power fail override – An optional external crank with lockable access is also available should there be no other access to the garage.
- Keeps out the weather – Weather resistance is excellent with a rubber compression seal (not watertight) to the bottom of the door and a brush strip within the guides.
- Smooth & quiet – The barrel rings help reduce operating noise.
- Safe – The safety edge stops and reverses the travel of the door on contact with an obstruction.
- Powerful – Concealed within the barrel of the door is a powerful and quiet motor that drives the door and holds the curtain locked when closed.
- Secure – Security is excellent with strong locking straps that prevent forced lifting of the door.
- Complete control – The wall-mounted control unit has a courtesy light to guide your way and push button control for the door. The alarm is also housed in the control unit that sounds on an attempt to force up the door from the bottom slat.
- Safety brake – A safety brake is fitted to every AlluGuard 77 door that will prevent the door from dropping in the unlikely event of a motor failure. It includes a safety feature that automatically cuts power to the motor when the brake activates, protecting the door mechanism.
Colour choices with Alluguard 77 Roller Shutters
The garage door curtain is available in powdercoat finish in a range of solid colours as well as wood effects. It is also available in a range of wood effect laminate or decograin finishes which have a texture to them to give the appearance of timber. The rear of the garage door slats is finished to match the front on powder coated doors and in white on the wood finishes.
Low maintenance powdercoat finish for AlluGuard 77 garage doors are available in these classic colours:
- White RAL 9016
- Cream RAL 9001
- Home Cream RAL 1015
- Black RAL 9011
- Anthracite Grey RAL 7016
- Silver RAL 9006
- Graphite Metallic
- Pale Grey RAL 7038
- Burgundy RAL 3004
- Ruby Red RAL 3003
- Blue RAL 5011
- Duck Egg Blue BS 18 E 50
- Chartwell Green BS 14 C 35
- Racing Green RAL 6009
- Moss Green RAL 6005
- Mocca Brown RAL 8019
Wood effect powdercoat
Low maintenance wood effect powdercoat ?nishes for AlluGuard 77 door are available in the following wood shades:
- Rosewood Painted
- Golden Oak Painted
- Walnut Painted
- Irish Oak Painted
Wood effect laminate
Low maintenance wood effect laminate ?nishes for AlluGuard77 door are available in the following wood shades:
- Golden Oak
Solid laminate colours
Low maintenance solid colour laminate ?nishes for AlluGuard77 door are available in the following colours:
- Slate Grey RAL 7015
AlluGuard’s wide choice of finishes ensure your new garage door not only looks good for years to come, but also complement the look of your home.
The Door Curtain – The door curtain is available in the solid powdercoat, laminate colours, wood effect powdercoat and wood effect laminate colours (listed above).The rear of the door slats is finished to match the front in solid colour powdercoated and wood effect powdercoated doors. Wood effect laminates and solid colour laminates have a White or Mocca Brown rear.White is standard for solid colours, Mocca Brown for wood effects.
The Door Guides – The guides colour match the door curtain colour as standard on all solid powdercoat colours. Wood effect powdercoat and laminate doors are supplied with White, Mocca Brown or Black guides. Rosewood and Golden Oak powdercoat wood effects are also available with a complementing powdercoat finish as an optional extra.
The Door Roll Box – Doors are supplied without a roll box as standard but are available as an option with a half or full roll box. These are finished to match the door guides for all solid powdercoat colours. Wood effect powdercoat/laminates and solid laminate colours are finished in White, Mocca Brown or Black.
Rosewood and Golden Oak powdercoat wood effects and Graphite Metallic are also available finished with a complementing powdercoat wood effect/Metallic finish as an optional extra.
Special Laminate finishes
In addition to the standard colour ranges, you can also order your door in the special laminate finishes that are listed below. The laminate colours are selected from the Renolit Exofol high-performance films range for exterior applications. Renolit Exofol is the market leader, and its multi-layered structure protects and decorates many architectural surfaces such as windows and are ideal for garage doors. Finishes have a 10-year warranty against perforation of the substrate. Doors with special laminates are available with the rear face of the door finished in White or Brown. White is standard for all solid colours, brown for wood effects. The guides and box are finished in White, Brown or Black.
The laminate finishes are available in the following colours:
- Steel Blue RAL 5011
- Brilliant Blue RAL 5007
- Moss Green RAL 6005
- Dark Green RAL 6009
- Chartwell Green BS 14 C 35
- Wine Red RAL 3005
- Dark Red RAL 3011
- White RAL 9010
- Crystal White RAL 9003
- Cream White RAL 9001
- Ice Cream
- Hazy Grey RAL 7001
- Signal Grey Smooth RAL 7004
- Quartz Grey RAL 7039
- Basalt Grey RAL 7012
- Anthracite Grey RAL 7016
- Slate Grey RAL 7015
- Basalt Grey Smooth RAL 7012
- Anthracite Grey Smooth RAL 7016
- Slate Grey Finesse RAL 7015
- Agate Grey RAL 7038
Wood effect laminate finishes for the AlluGuard 55 are available in the following colours:
- Dark Oak
- Irish Oak
- Golden Oak
- Light Oak
- Black Cherry
Custom Colour Finishes
In addition to the standard colours and special laminate ranges, you can also order your door in a custom colour.
AlluGuard’s custom painting service can create custom paint colours. Whether there’s a RAL colour, a Farrow & Ball colour, a Little Greene shade or a Dulux Trade colour that you would like your garage door to be similar to, the wet-spay process uses paint mixed to match your chosen shade and gives a finish that is warranted for five years with suitable care and cleaning. Custom coloured doors are available with guides and box finished in White, Brown or Black.
As an option, the front face of the guides and the front face of the box are available painted to match the door curtain colour with the inner surfaces in White, Brown, or Black. The rear face of the door is available in White or Brown.
When it comes to tube motors on roller shutter garage doors the name that everyone looks out for is SOMFY. Somfy are a French manufacturer who lead the way when it comes to the control system and safety device. The Somfy Rolixo is setting new standards through out the garage door industry and is now the benchmark that many others are striving for.
- Effortless performance – A remote control is a standard feature that makes using your door effortless and secure.
- Controls to suit you – With a range of controls available, choosing the ideal way to operate your doors couldn’t be easier. Remote control, wall switch or keypad. We have multiple accessories for the garage door listed below.
- The control unit – The Somfy Rollixo RTS wireless or wired control unit is the brain of the doors. It responds to signals from the remote control and other accessories to operate the door. It has an integrated courtesy light to guide your way and buttons to operate the door. It also houses the intruder protection alarm that sounds when attempts are made to force the door by levering up the bottom slat.
All AlluGuard garage doors come with the following:
- Rollixo RTS Wireless or Wired Control Unit
- 2 Keygo RTS Keyfobs
- Electrical Wireless Safety Edge/Optical Wired Safety Edge
Peace of mind protection for you and your family. The doors’ bottom edge rubber seal incorporates an electric or optical sensor along its length to detect obstructions and instantly stop and reverse the door a short distance when closing.Wireless and wired versions are available certified and marked as safe to Directive EN 13241-1.
For more information on the AlluGuard 77 Roller, or the Somfy Rolixo control system please contact a member of the Emsworth Garage Doors team.
Smart Living Starts with AlluGuard
AlluGuard have embraced “Smart Living”. They have been using Somfy motors and controls on their garage doors for many years and they have extended into smart technology. Somfy’s Smart Home systems are the industries best!
- Connexoon Access – provides smart control of your garage door, gate and lighting.
- Tahoma – The complete smart home solution for monitoring and operating your garage doors, gates, blinds, curtains, lights, electrical equipment, heating and home security.
Automated as standard, the features of the AlluGuard 55 garage door system is already at a luxury level. To further enhance day-to-day use, this range of control options provides extra flexibility.
- Secure Metal Keypad (IP54) – The anti-vandal keypad with a metal case and secure smart rolling code technology, gives you peace of mind for secure access to your garage.
- Smoove Wall Switch – The Smoove wall switch, available in white or black and single and double fittings, add touch sensitive controls to your new door system.
- Keygo Remote – Two Keygo 4 RTS remote controls are supplied with every door. Extra remote controls can be added and are easy to programme.
- Radio Wall Switch – This wall mounted wireless switch can be installed inside the garage or home for easy operation of your garage door. Also available wired.
- Wired Key Switch – This externally wall mounted key switch allows operation without the use of a hand transmitter and is an alternative to our keypads.
- Wireless Digital Keypad – This externally wall mounted keypad will accept a 4 to 13 digital code to open and close your garage door without the hand transmitter.
- Rocker Switch – This wall mounted wired rocker switch can be installed inside the garage or home for simple operation of your garage door.
- Standard Receiver RTS – The waterproof standard receiver allows keyfobs, keypads and key switches to effortlessly control 3rd party products including gates. Can be externally mounted.
- Lockable Override Cover – A lockable cover to protect the manual override access point on externally fitted doors.
Optional Door Accessories
- Curtain Roll Box – Half and full boxes are available to suit AlluGuard77 doors. Either option will take up 300mm headroom on top of the guide height.
- Vented Laths – These are available in powder coated colours only.
- Manual Exterior Release – For use in emergencies or in the event of power failure. The manual release allows the door to be opened manually from outside the garage – essential if the garage has no other entry point.
- Vision Slats – Polycarbonate clear glazing is available for AlluGuard 77 doors on a proportion of the door curtain to allow natural light into the garage (not available on AlluGuard55). Woodgrain ?nish doors are only available with brown vision laths.
- Up & Over Garage Doors
- Side hinged Garage Doors
- Sectional Garage Doors
- Roller Shutter Garage Doors
- Personnel Doors
- Entrance Doors
What is Secured by Design
Secured by Design (SBD) is the UK Police flagship initiative that is founded on the principles of designing out crime and crime prevention.
SBD supports one of the Government’s key planning objectives: the creation of secure, quality places where people wish to live and work.
Research carried out by Huddersfield University shows that residents living on Secured by Design Developments are half as likely to be burgled and two and a half times less likely to suffer vehicle crime. Secured by Design Developments also benefit from 25% less criminal damage.